Email to text delay
Joe704

Just tried to send myself a text via my G-mail  using both the VTEXT.com and vtext.com.  1st went out at 1:05 and the 2nd at 1:46. Its been over an hour and I'm still waiting for either to appear as a text.

0 Likes
Re: Email to text delay
Joe704

I re- read your suggestion again. Seems it definitely won't work when your text is 331 characters. Maybe you can convince them to up the character limit to say ........ 500?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We hope that you reconsider your decision to leave and allow us to continue as your wireless provider. When did this issue start? Are you using the email feature on your device or did you download a third party email applicaiton to your phone?

-Lasina

0 Likes
Jamesdmiller

I have tried using my work email to send to [email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service] and the messages are delay by hours.  I have sent a one word "TEST" message and still have lengthy delays.  Can you please provide a solution?  Are you sure you are not pushing these messages to a SPAM filter whihc is causing the delays?  Thank you.

0 Likes
Jamesdmiller

I just read this in another thread on this same topic: "They want you to buy their texting solution when emails are coming from a business. They are throttling the messages on purpose so you will switch to the paid service. Not sure why they don't just come out and tell you. But this was the result of my ticket / correspondence with them."

Is this True Verizon?

0 Likes
vknowles1

I tried this last week. I am using a personal phone and a personal gmail address for personal purposes.

On 9/15, I sent an email containing a short URL to my number @VTEXT.com.  On 9/18, I received an email saying the message was delayed "421 4.2.0 209.85.208.171 server temporarily unavailable AUP#CDRBL"  On 9/19, I received an email saying the message had failed with the same reason, "421 4.2.0 209.85.208.180 server temporarily unavailable AUP#CDRBL"

On 9/17, I sent a single-word email to my number @VTEXT.com. On 9/18, I received an email saying the message was delayed "421 4.2.0 209.85.208.44 server temporarily unavailable AUP#CDRBL" On 9/19, I received an email with the same delay message, "421 4.2.0 209.85.221.48 server temporarily unavailable AUP#CDRBL" On 9/20, I received an email saying the message had failed with the same reason, "421 4.2.0 209.85.167.50 server temporarily unavailable AUP#CDRBL"

What is going on here?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Spotted your post, Jamesdmiller.To gather a better understanding, are delays occuring when sending from your email to another Verizon Wireless phone number at vtext.com ? 

-David

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

vknowles1, we apologize for the issues you are having, and we want to help. Can you provide us with the date the messages worked? 

-Jacob

0 Likes
cobonnie

I am having this same issue.  Sent a message to vtext.com yesterday morning and received it at around midnight.  When my messages are delayed, they seem to arrive around midnight... like something gets turned on then.  My messages are 20 characters or less.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important to ensure that you are able to send and receive email to text. We are here to help! Please send a Private Note to get started. 

*Terean

0 Likes