Emoji in MMS
AR68
Enthusiast - Level 2

When another Verizon customer sends me longer texts, I can no longer see the emoji in that message using Verizon Messaging. I can only see the emoji in shorter texts. The longer ones just will show a string of jumbled symbols and some x's instead of the picture. Is there any way to remedy this? It doesn't happen with the stock messaging app.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Emoji in MMS
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AR68-I depend on my text messaging most of the time so I can understand how frustrating this can be for you. I trust we can get this issue resolved. Does this happen with a contact in particular? Does it work when you send an emoji on the Verizon Messaging app?

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

AR68
Enthusiast - Level 2

It happens with a particular contact who sends long messages-- another Verizon customer but she has iPhone and i have Samsung Galaxy 6. It happens when I use the Verizon messaging app.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AR68,

We want you to be able to see the emoji's that your friends are sending you. Did this recently start happening? There was a recent update to the Apple OS which included new emojis. I know that some of the new emojis introduced are not able to be seen on the Android OS.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

AR68
Enthusiast - Level 2

It recently started happening,  but only when my friends' messages are longer than 160 characters. I can view the emoji in these messages when using the Samsung stock texting app but I cannot see them when using the Verizon Messaging app.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AR68,

That is an odd occurrance to see then. We want to make sure that you get your emojis! Let's try out a few things here. First, let's try to uninstall the app and then reinstall it. This will ensure that you have the latest version of the app. Test that and keep us posted.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

IceDevils16
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello... I'm having the exact same problem with the emojis not appearing when receiving a text message over a certain number of characters from an iPhone 6 user.  I just un-installed and installed the application and the problem persists.

0 Likes