EnV3 voice text - make it stop!!
tooniebug
Enthusiast - Level 1

The guy at Best Buy showed me the coolest thing on the EnV3 - if you open the flip, open a text and press/hold the spacekey, a  nice robot lady will read your text to you.  Very helpful when driving and also kinda funny.  But now, she reads all texts that come in, whether the phone is open or not.  That is not so funny when in the company of other people and your BF sends you a text that is really not meant for other people to hear.  :smileysurprised:

How do I make her stop reading??  I tried press/hold the space key in hopes that you undo it the same way you do it, but that didn't work.  This function is not even in the owners manual so how to stop it isn't either.  HELP!!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: EnV3 voice text - make it stop!!
tooniebug
Enthusiast - Level 1

YES!  Sucess!  It was actually #6 on the settings but now she has stopped reading them out loud and I am very happy.  I swear I looked everywhere in the settings with no luck, but when you pointed it out it was painfully obvious.  Thanks so much!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try looking at your Messaging settings - left soft key Settings>>5 is auto play.  Turn that off.  Also check Settings and Tools>>>Phone Settings>>>Voice commands>>>Call Alert and Prompts settings for audio options.

HTH, and let us know what worked for you.

0 Likes
tooniebug
Enthusiast - Level 1

YES!  Sucess!  It was actually #6 on the settings but now she has stopped reading them out loud and I am very happy.  I swear I looked everywhere in the settings with no luck, but when you pointed it out it was painfully obvious.  Thanks so much!!

0 Likes
tiffypoo

MY problem isn't the lady reading whatever the text message says......It's her saying you have a text from .....Soo and soo....then it starts to play my ringtone I have set up for text messaging......Alll I want is the ringtone not her voice saying I have a text and then the tone.....Can anybody help me?!!!!! I tried going to settings and #5 or 6 or whatever and I can't figure it out at all.....Please help

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Go to Settigns and Tools>>>Phone Settings>>>Voice Commands>>>Call Alert>>>set it to RING ONLY.  That should do it.
0 Likes