Error 403 - Messenger
cowward

I am getting 403 Forbidden when I attempt to access Messenger via my laptop. It worked fine two days ago.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Error 403 - Messenger
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello. We want for you to be able to access messages through your laptop again. You've come to the right place for assistance. Is it Verizon Messages Plus you are using or a different type of messenger? Has there any recent changes on your computer, such as a software update?

Christian_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello  getting error messages while accessing services such as Messenger can certainly be overwhelming, especially when dealing with applications and technology, we want to provide clarity. What exactly were you doing prior to getting the error? What recent changes have you made to your laptop? Have you seen any other errors or glitches with the application?

Gilberto_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Basset3

Verizon doesn't want to be in the messenger business;  I tried for hours with support trying to install the old desktop version...they had no clue as to what I was talking about.

They're jerking us around, plus I'm getting the old "403 Forbidden" message.

Get another messenger app, this sucks too much.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Lets get on the same page with the correct terms.  Are you referring to Verizon's Message+ desktop application or Facebook's Messenger application?  On my Windows 10 machine, Message+ works fine, syncing with my integrated Android phone and iPad Message+ apps.  Also, Facebook Messenger opens fine as well.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Basset3

Verizon messenger on desktop.  Just tried to login, get the same message; 403 Forbidden.

The old messenger was great, the new web version doesn't work...maybe on occasion it works.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Still confusing.  It isn't Verizon Messenger, but Verizon Message+.

0 Likes
Basset3

Peu importe

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

d'autres pourraient

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Basset3, I can understand enjoying a previous version of the VZ Messenger. We do our best to balance bringing new features and access that would benefit the app's users; while keeping elements that they enjoyed from earlier versions. I don't want you to have trouble accessing the Messages online. To get an idea of what's causing you to get the 403 message on your browser, I'd like to ask a few questions.

What browsers have you tried accessing the site with? Do you have any trouble trying use the Message+ app on your smartphone? Can you sign in to My Verizon normally without trouble?

John_VZW

0 Likes