Re: Error after entering PIN received via text
pop_phone

Then why am I being asked for a pin?

0 Likes
pop_phone

I tried to attach photos but it did not work. 

I have a iPhone 6 from Verizon. The messages+ app was not preinstalled. I had to download it.

0 Likes
pop_phone

After I close the app and reopen it after the rejected pin, it keeps trying to connect. Now it's telling me "data connectivity problem. Please ensure you have a stable connection." I have data access when this occurs.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is iMessages turned off?  Is the Verizon Messages app set as your default app?  Do you have a stale cellular connection?  (At least for the initial setup - it works on wifi once it's set up)

0 Likes
pop_phone

How do I change the default messaging app on iOS 10?

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm not sure - I've only had Android phones.  Hopefully someone more familiar with iOS can chime in?

Whether it is a similar path ... on my Android I go to Settings, Applications, then settings again, and I can set default apps for browser, phone, SMS, etc.

0 Likes
pop_phone

Yeah I don't think you can. I'll have to call Verizon to figure out what's going on.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets get to the bottom of this poip_phone. Which iPhone do you have? Have you been able to use Message plus before?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pop_phone

iPhone 6. Have never been able to use messages+

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is definitely alarming that you have never been able to Messages+, pop_phone. We definitely want to make sure you can choose what messaging application you want to use. It is normal for Messages+ to request a PIN when setting it up on the iPhone because it works similarly to setting it up on a tablet. Since you have been getting data connection errors when trying to set this up I wanted to check some settings on your device. Do you see Verizon Messages when you go to Settings > Cellular in the list of applications? If so, does it have data turned on with a green switch?

JosephE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes