Flip 3 issues with Message+ sound notifcations
Detective_castle

On my Samsung Flip 3, I use verizon message+ as my default testing app. I have gone through the hamburger menu to change the sound for my messages, which seems to work if I don't have the number saved. However, when a number I have saved messages me, then the notification sound that plays is the default notification sound from the settings app. I can change individual message sounds, such as for messages from my wife, but I'd rather not have to change the sound for each contact if I don't have to. How do I change the basic notification to the notification from the message+ app? Please Advise.

Steps I've tried:

1. Setting sound through Message+ app, using top left hamburger menu, customize, notifications, the picked new sound.  Result: sound only changes when texted by unrecognized number.

2. Setting sound through Settings App, notifications, messages+, notification categories, new messages.  Result: Result: sound only changes when texted by unrecognized number

3. Changed settings, and restarted phone. Result: same as above.

0 Likes
Re: Flip 3 issues with Message+ sound notifcations
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the details provided regarding what you have tried with modifying your notification found. You are on the right steps Setting sound through Settings App, notifications, messages+, notification categories, and new messages for the default notification sound. What sound plans when receiving a message? Have you tried to switch your messaging app to see if the default sound plays there?  

-AL

0 Likes