Re: Fraudulent Text Messages and Verizon's Response
tbtidmarsh

First jot down the Unverified Sender's number or email information.  Open that message and then select the Options and Forward to 7726. Verizon will reply requesting the sender's number (be sure to jot that down before you forward the message).  So you reply again with the sender's number and you are done!  It is very easy. And YES Verizon does care.

0 Likes
TorranceMan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried that number but it just kept failing, I have deleted the text

already.

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 10:33 AM, tbtidmarsh

0 Likes
andrea650

I also received a text message indicating my Verizon account had been locked. I promptly contacted Verizon customer service and spoke to a rep. I gave him the phone number and the email address link so he could post this info on Verizon's forum. The rep not only blocked the number for my phone, he also asked me if I wanted a block put on all my lines. He was courteous and provided me with excellent customer service. May I also suggest to register your cell phone number with www.donotcall.gov/. Keep in mind it will not block calls from international countries. If you receive a suspicious call or text, google  the phone number including area code and make sure it is a valid area code with the U.S. Many phone carriers will not reimburse customers for long distance calls accepted from international scammers.

0 Likes
Hambone7221
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sounds like ya need some therapy and maybe a visa renewal!

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I have received emails like this and I just forward them to Verizon spam department and all stopped for me.

0 Likes
Katbox
Enthusiast - Level 1

Today I received a text.. from a Verizon vtext.com account that was completely fake.

It came with a phone number to call and a supposed FCU Arizona Number with an area code for New York?

I did the forward to 7726...

Let's see if it helps?

Kate

0 Likes