Friends and family apply to texting?
molly09
Do the numbers you have as friends and family contacts count against texting limits? Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Friends and family apply to texting?
nmchileman
Master - Level 3
Your friends & family numbers do not apply towards messaging usage. So any messages you send to those numbers will continue to deduct from your allowance. Most unfortunate. :smileysad:
0 Likes
molly09
Thanks, that's what I figured. Is there a truly "unlimited" texting plan available? Unlimited verizon to verion is fine, but most of my son's texting buddies are apparently on AT &T.
0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3
The Nationwide Select plans give you total unlimited text messaging to anyone, any network. It's a $30 difference over the Basic plan with no text messaging. So just take $30 minus whatever you're paying now for text and that will equal how much extra you'll be paying for it.
0 Likes
molly09
Okay, I have the Nationwide Basic Family Share with four phones. To go to Select would it be 30 more total or 30 for each line? I am paying 20 each for 2 lines that have unlimited verizon to verizon and 5000 texts from other carriers. Can I change online or do I have to talk to customer service?
0 Likes
molly09
okay, one more question. I see where I can change online. Will everything transfer easily? (Two of the phones have data plans and I also have an aircard on the plan). Will all the plan information update seemlessly or will I have to go back in and block mobile browsing from the kid's phones etc. I appreciate the help, thanks!
0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3
It's $30 total for the entire family. So you would actually be saving $10 by moving to this plan. When doing it online it will not affect any of your other features or data card line. You would want to select the option to "Backdate" your plan so that it covers all your usage this month and will not prorate your bill. Plus you'll be getting a $10 refund towards your next bill.
0 Likes
molly09

Thanks, I appreciate the help, I'm switching now. Will absolutely backdate the coverage, since I checked son's usage and he was at 6,200 messages (sent and received) for the month. That is what prompted the question.

Thanks again. 

0 Likes