Frustrating "REMOTE CALL"
RoosterSchu
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a samsung galaxy s7.

Before the question is asked, YES I use Message plus, YES i have disconnected all other devices. I have followed the directions on a couple other threads and no, there is no resolution yet. It is an inconvenience as I am using my phone constantly for phone calls going out. When this "REMOTE CALL" function is in affect it changes the way you navigate the dial pad and recent calls. I have been patient but at this point enough is enough. I already feel I am paying way too much for mediocre service and this remote call may just be the final straw that causes me to switch carriers. And with how I have been treated in the past by some of the verizon representatives, let me tell you, it has been a LONG time coming. I am tired having to restart my phone anytime this REMOTE CALL function appears. I have no idea what it is for, why it is there, or what its purpose is. If I could get an explanation of that as well as how to get rid of it, I would be ECSTATIC! Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Frustrating "REMOTE CALL"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, RoosterSchu. We understand the frustration you have with the remote call function. A quick fix for this would be removing your advanced calling feature and adding the feature back on. Let us know if this resolves your problem.

DanielK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
RoosterSchu
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have already done this as well, it did not resolve my problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RoosterSchu We understand you are frustrated and the last thing we want is for you to leave us. I do know our Netowrk is working on an update but I don't have an ETA to provide you with. We apologize for the inconvenience.

DeloresK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RoosterSchu
Enthusiast - Level 2

If there's no explanation as to WHY this is happening constantly, is there at least an explanation as to what that function is for? I am sure it isn't a "hidden, unknown feature" It obviously has a purpose. What is the purpose of this function.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure that everything is up and running the way it should be. Do you have trouble with either device outside of using this feature? Did this work before the update? what happened when you took advanced calling off?

NicholeK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RoosterSchu

You definitely deserve an explanation. This issue was caused by the most recent software update. We've reached out to Samsung for more information and a resolution. However, they were unaware and unable to provide a work around steps to fix this problem. After researching this issue, it has been determined that customers that have the Verizon Message+ application and Advanced Calling feature activated on their devices have experienced this issue. It's recommended that you disable Advanced Calling and place your device in safe mode. I've provided the steps on how to do this below: 

0 Likes
JKSTON

I just had the same problem after the latest Android upgrade also. I found a connected device in message+ and disconnected it and rebooted. The device in question was unknown to me but the problem showed up right after I hung up from a call. My feeling is that the person I was speaking with had coupled devices and this may have been picked up by my phone and it wasn't disconnected on hangup.

0 Likes
Yankeebill723

I always think it's big brother watching us from the patriot act of 2004, this is the way they listen in on our phones, that's why samsung don't have a answer why it's happening or Verizon has the answer.  As long you are not doing dirt you should be good

0 Likes