GMAIL TO VTEXT PROBLEM CONTINUES UNATTENDED, UNSOLVED
Anonymous
Not applicable

Image provided shows test message from my personal gmail to my personal phone [email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service] results in Delivery Incomplete reply 25 hours later.

Anyone have the time to count how many different customers have reported this problem or commented "I have the same problem" in threads since August began?

You know what i'm stuck on with Verizon?  They're playing the "appeal to identity" fallacy.  Want to "verify my account" but remain totally anonymous to me.

Here are some pre-answers in case vzw_customer_support actually responds.

1) "What problem are you having?"  My description of the problem is above.

2) "When did this start?"  The date and time is in the image.

3) "Are you continuing to have the problem?"  Would i be here posting if i wasn't?GMAIL VTEXT 8-30.png

0 Likes
Re: GMAIL TO VTEXT PROBLEM CONTINUES UNATTENDED, UNSOLVED
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sent to vzwpix a minute after vtext.  Took 26 hours to get the Delivery Incomplete from that one.VZW.png

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

ATTN: "George" or "Christopher" from Verizon (the only customer support persons who've offered useful information about this ongoing issue),

Can you decipher what this Invalid User Address reply means please?Be careful.png

NO STUPID QUESTIONS FROM VERIZON EMPLOYEES WHO ARE GOING TO MAKE ONE COMMENT AND NEVER RETURN!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

destroyplutarchy-

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with sending a message to your vText account. 

• Messages from Gmail/G suites to Verizon consumer domains may be throttled or blocked due to high volumes of messages originating from Gmail email addresses using Google's outbound services.
  • This does not have anything to do with the specific sender, but with the volume of malicious messages received from Gmail as a whole. 

The service is not intended to be used for large volumes of commercial messages or emergency messages. Due to the inherent limitations of Internet email, Verizon provides no assurance regarding the timeliness or receipt of messages sent using this service. Businesses and organizations looking to send a high volume of messages should subscribe to Verizon Enterprise Messaging.

I hope this information helps.

-Angie

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

1) "SPAM" IS NOT MY FAULT, AND SPAM IS NOT GOING TO GO AWAY.

VERIZON IS WELCOME TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO DEAL WITH THE PROBLEM.  BUT VERIZON IS NOT WELCOME TO TAKE ITS' LACK OF TECHNICAL SKILL AND PERFORMANCE OUT ON ME AND THE SERVICE I PAY FOR.

2) WHAT DISCOUNT MAY I HAVE ON MY PLAN SINCE VERIZON IS BLOCKING MESSAGES I SEND TO MYSELF?

I AM SENDING INDIVIDUAL MESSAGES OF LESS THAN 140 CHARACTERS FROM MY GMAIL ADDRESS WHICH IS IN MY CONTACTS ON MY PHONE.

ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT IS TOO MUCH FOR VERIZON TO HANDLE?

WHAT EXPECTATIONS DOES VERIZON HAVE ABOUT THE "TIMELINESS OR RECEIPT" OF MY PAYMENTS?  THAT'S THE STANDARD I EXPECT WHEN I SEND A SINGLE GMAIL TO MY PHONE VIA VTEXT.

SOLVE THIS OR DISCOUNT MY BILL!!!

The service is not intended to be used for large volumes of commercial messages or emergency messages. Due to the inherent limitations of Internet email, Verizon provides no assurance regarding the timeliness or receipt of messages sent using this service. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

destroyplutarchy,

As discussed is previous messages in other threads, messages from Gmail/G suites to Verizon consumer domains may be throttled or blocked due to high volumes of malicious messages originating from Gmail email addresses using Google's outbound services. 

Please use an alternate solution like an MDN or alternate emails to proceed. There is no further action we can take.

-Ryan

0 Likes