Galaxy S5 not receiving text messages from carriers other than Verizon
Atrox_

Recently, my Galaxy S5 stopped receiving text messages from carriers other than Verizon. This has happened with both group and individual messages, but seems to be more of a problem with messages originating from AT&T iphones.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S5 not receiving text messages from carriers other than Verizon
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I rely on my text messages everyday so I know how important it is to ensure they are working properly Atrox_. When did you start experiencing difficulties with your text messages? Are you using a third party messaging app or the stock app on the phone? Are you able to send text messages to these numbers?

Thank you,
MichelleSSVZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Atrox_

Trouble started about 1-2 months ago. I am using the stock app on the phone. Yes, I can send text messages to these numbers. I sometimes get a download button in my text message app for some of the texts coming from iphones on other carriers, sometimes they download and sometimes they do not (both text and images).  Other times, I do not even know I have missed getting a text message unless someone asks me if I got their text.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I only communicate through text messages so I understand where you're coming from, Atrox. Let's get this figured out together! The messages that you are missing, are they picture messages?

NicholeK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Atrox_

The missing messages are both photo and text.  I was also made aware recently that messages in group conversations are not always coming in the correct order or display the correct time sent.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Atrox_

Thanks so much for clearing that up for us. Let's keep working to get those messages functioning properly again.

Has anything new been added to your device recently? Have you completed a restart on your device? I'd also suggest navigating to your Application Manager and clearing the cache and data from the "Messages" application. Thanks!

TrevorCrC_VZW

0 Likes