Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Galaxy S7 Unable to Activate Messages+ Service
pleeseemailme

Howdy,

I have Galaxy S7 that used to be a company phone. They bought us all iPhones to replace the android phone and gave us the option to keep the Galaxy phones. I kept mine to use as a mini-tablet of sorts that won't have cell service (because my number got moved to the iPhone) but the Wi-Fi still works. However, I am now unable to activate my Messages+ app on this new mini-tablet. When I log in to the app, it shows me my phone number on the 'get started' page. Last night when I clicked 'Next' it sent a text to my iPhone with a code to enter on my Android phone to activate service. However, my Android never asked me to enter a code for activation. So nothing happens.

Now, today, Messages+ isn't even sending codes to my iPhone anymore. No matter how many times I select "Activate Account' on the Android phone, service is not activated. Please help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S7 Unable to Activate Messages+ Service
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The application recognizes that you are trying to set it up on a phone even though it isn't an active phone. Which means you can't set up Verizon Messages+ application on a second phone to sync from the primary phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
pleeseemailme

Thanks for the quick reply. So then what do I need to do to get the app on my Android to work? It worked for a few days after the company switch until I removed the sim card when I had to get the SD card out as well (on an S7 you have to remove both in order to remove one).

Is there something I can do to get the app to recognize my Android as my main device - because that's how I want it anyway. I don't hardly use texting on my company phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I can understand the reason for trying to establish Verizon Messages services on the S7, pleeseemailme . In short, the service will not work unless the S7 is activated on a line of service. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-messages-faqs/

Question 3 has additional information about the service requirements. Without an active number, you can though use the “Verizon Messages With Integrated Messaging Service” website in step one here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-94861/

David_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes