Getting blank text messages from odd addresses
MizMolly

My sister and I both receive blank text messages from odd addresses like azgzis@yahoo.com. There is no message left. I have blocked senders but they just use a different address each time. Anyone know what this is about?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Getting blank text messages from odd addresses
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most likely, spam.  you can forward the message to 7726 (SPAM) to report that email address, but that's probably a throwaway address anyway, as you said, it keeps changing.  You can  - it's annoying, I know.

Another option, if your phone allows the setting, is to only accept calls or texts from those in your contact list. This may not be available, it depends on your phone.  If your have a smartphone, there are apps that may be able to block or filter your texts.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Getting blank text messages from odd addresses
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most likely, spam.  you can forward the message to 7726 (SPAM) to report that email address, but that's probably a throwaway address anyway, as you said, it keeps changing.  You can  - it's annoying, I know.

Another option, if your phone allows the setting, is to only accept calls or texts from those in your contact list. This may not be available, it depends on your phone.  If your have a smartphone, there are apps that may be able to block or filter your texts.

0 Likes