Getting texts with sexual pictures and messages from email accounts
lacantrell2016
Enthusiast - Level 2

I keep getting texts with sexual pictures and messages from email accounts.  They come at all hours of the day and night.  I have to have my phone on at night because I have children and elderly parents.  How can I make it stop?  I have tried reporting it as spam but they are from emails and not numbers.  I see multiple threads of people with the same problem and no real solutions!!

Re: Getting texts with sexual pictures and messages from email accounts
lacantrell2016
Enthusiast - Level 2

Over 50 in the last 2 months... Went in a blocked all texts from emails so we will see if that works.

0 Likes
LALAK

I did the same and it worked

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can cover your block options immediately lacantrell2016. Are you receiving all communications via text message? Customers can use our free blocking features listed here:https://www.verizon.com/support/block-unblock-services-faqs/. For SPAM protection, please take a look at Call Filter:https://www.verizon.com/support/call-filter-faqs/. This options provides SPAM protection and more. There is even a free trial to ensure that it's right for you.

0 Likes
Rieme
Enthusiast - Level 2

This blocking feature does not work.  I have tried this, made calls to tech support, changed the phone number, signed up for Smart Family….nothing works. I’m am frustrated to the point of leaving this company as soon as I can. 

Bolindah
Enthusiast - Level 1

I gets these daily now and block them but they come back with new email addresses.  Ridiculous 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rieme, 

We value you as a customer, and we certainly don't want to see you walk away due to receiving unwanted messages! Are you receiving them from one particular email address, or multiple email addresses? How often do you receive these messages? 

Thank you,

MichelleH_VZW 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Bolindah, we're concerned to learn that you're also having this issue, and we'd love to help. Please send us a private message to better assist. 

UbaldoJ_VZW

0 Likes
lacantrell2016
Enthusiast - Level 2

All spam is coming thru text messages from email accounts and websites even though I have blocked texts coming from both.  They come at all hours of the night and day.  I could block 5 email addresses but that wouldn't change anything - there are at least 60 different email addresses.  It is so aggravating!!!!!  The messages are hotbabesex.studio, hotsexmatch.studio, hotsexmatch.studio hotydate.studio yourhotneighbor.studio - those are most recent ones.  They originate from hotmail and gmail accounts.

BigAl52
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got at least 10 of these yesterday and I just went and tried the block texts from emails feature I will see if it works. Ive been a Verizon customer for many years and am fed up with this garbage. Seems like an easy fix to me but all I see is repetitive complaints from dissatisfied customers and nothing but the same answers from Verizon