Ghost texts
tornahue022

Hi,

A couple weeks ago, my friend sent me a text: "Hey! Its (NAME) (-:" This text has not been saved or locked in my phone or anything...and I erased it that day. Since then I have erased my inbox/outbox a number of times as they filled up. Last week, an exact copy of the "Hey! Its (NAME) (-:"  was sent from my phone to a friend... but my phone was in my pocket, and I didn't send it...it even appeared in my sent messages. I went to the store and had my phone reset, I reset it myself, and I called in and had customer service do some troubleshooting on it. It was fine for a week, then it happened again today, twice. Each time my phone was no where near me and the "Hey! Its (NAME) (-:"  text was sent to 2 different friends, and appeared in my sent messages. Do I need a new phone? What the heck is going on?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Ghost texts
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

I know how inconvenient this can be for you and I want to help.

Are you still having this issue since you posted here in the forum? How long has this been happening? What phone do you have?

You mentioned you tried resetting your phone and it worked for a few days, but it started happening again. Have you have tried a hard reset. Please keep in mind that this will completely wipe your device and reset to the manufacturer settings. You want to make sure you back up your device before performing the hard reset.

Please post your response to the questions above and I'll be more than happy to further assist you.

0 Likes