Giving Verizon Messages access to my contacts
TIM_ADLER

It appears that bring my stored contacts into Verizon Messages, I have to upload them to Verizon Cloud.

So I have to pay at least $5.00/month for Verizon cloud storage? 

If I have that right, essentially Verizon is charging me $5.00 / month for its messaging capability.

That makes zero sense to me.  I already pay every month for Google Drive storage space and Apple iCloud space.  On those platforms, $5.00 / month would buy far more space than I need for my contacts.  Also, I already pay verizon so that I can use apple messaging with my portable devices.

What am I missing?

0 Likes
Re: Giving Verizon Messages access to my contacts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We deeply apologize for any confusion caused by our Message+ app, TIM_ADLER. We are here to help explain.

Our Verizon Cloud feature has 2 options. The base Verizon Cloud feature is completely free, it only allows saving contacts. The other option for $5 is only needed if you want to back up other information on your phone like photos, videos, documents, call logs, text messages and contacts. 

You can definitely use the free option to save your contacts.

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
TIM_ADLER

thank you

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

@TIM_ADLER wrote:

It appears that bring my stored contacts into Verizon Messages, I have to upload them to Verizon Cloud.

So I have to pay at least $5.00/month for Verizon cloud storage? 

If I have that right, essentially Verizon is charging me $5.00 / month for its messaging capability.

That makes zero sense to me.  I already pay every month for Google Drive storage space and Apple iCloud space.  On those platforms, $5.00 / month would buy far more space than I need for my contacts.  Also, I already pay verizon so that I can use apple messaging with my portable devices.

What am I missing?

No you do not have to pay for verizon cloud to store your contacts

0 Likes