Group Chat Naming
Aubins
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

How do I create a name for my group chat without having to spam everyone with that weird Advanced Group Chat stuff?  Not everyone I know has Verizon or the Verizon Messenger app for that to be a viable option.  I saw an old post from 2016 saying that this feature was, "coming very soon".

Labels (1)
Re: Group Chat Naming
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Aubins, using Verizon Messages for your group conversations is a great choice. To edit or create a group name, you can do that right at the start when you compose a new group message. The process for that for reference is,

1. On the main Conversations screen, tap the Pencil icon.
2. Enter the contacts you want to include in the To field.
Note: Make sure MMS is selected in the Recipients reply-to field. If you select Just Me, all responses to your message will be sent to you only, not the rest of the group.
3. Enter your message.
4. Tap the Send icon in the bottom-right corner of the screen.

For an existing message, you do need to hit the three dot menu option in the top right corner, and then select 'Create Enhanced Group,' to make edits to the existing group message.

John_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
zachkeith

Not everyone has message+ and it's ridiculous to ask everyone to change their messaging app just to have a name assigned to a group thread. This problem has been around since like 2015. FIX IT and give us the ability to assign threads a name. 

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes