Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
Group Deletion
PAUREE43

How do I delete a text group that I created on a Galaxy S7 using Message+? I know how to delete participants in the group but want to delete the group.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Group Deletion
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is to be able to delete these groups, PAUREE43. Let's work together and find the options to remove a group. When you delete messages and conversations from Verizon Messages, does the group still show up? http://spr.ly/6586DXzfw Please keep me updated.

GersonG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
PAUREE43

When I delete the messages, the groups still show up. However there is no “group delete” when I start a new text, just “Create New Group” as an option.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, PAUREE43. When you have the Group MMS screen opened, please tap the three dots in the upper right corner. Does this give you the option to cancel the group, or to remove yourself from the group?

0 Likes
PAUREE43

The only delete option is to “delete messages”.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you considered looking on the contacts app to see if you can delete the group there?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
PAUREE43

The “Contacts” app does not show any groups. The only time I can see the groups is when I start a new message and type in the group name…..

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are the groups saved to your Google account or your Verizon Cloud?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Mooses76

Deleting the group and all its participants is just like deleting any other text. You don't have to delete individual participants. Since your question is older, you may have already obtained a usable response.

Ironically, my question is the opposite of yours. How do you delete individual participants in an established text group? I also have a Samsung S7. Have been unable to find any instruction or advice as to how to do this, especially in Broadcast mode.

Would be most interested in your solution.

0 Likes
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes