Group MMS history keeps deleting itself when I turn off phone.
TRIREG14
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an Android (Droid Turbo - Android version 6.0.1 Marshmallow).  I am using message + and in a group MMS that I have been in for years.  It is a mix of iPhone and Android users.  For some reason for the past few weeks if ever I need to turn my phone off, it completely deletes that entire group history chat.  I turn the phone off and turn it back on and the group chat is completely gone from message+.  It starts fresh when someone sends (or I send) a text to the group of people again, but it will delete if I turn off the phone.   I've lost pictures and other information that I needed that was in the text history.

I am in several other group MMS all with mix of android and iphone and none of the other groups delete, only this one particular group.

Any insight on why this would happen?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Group MMS history keeps deleting itself when I turn off phone.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for any issues you're having with your group messages and the pictures in your text history being deleted when you turn your phone off, Trireg14. Let me see what's going on and get this issue fixed. What's your zip code? When did this issue start happening?

EdwinW_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TRIREG14
Enthusiast - Level 2

My zip code is 10301.  It started about 3 or 3 weeks ago.  My phone is a bit over 2 years old, but I do not want to just chalk it up to being the phone, since as I said - it only happens on this one group text and not any others.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The details of your situation leave us to wonder if it's the phone or the app.
Does this happen when switching the Default Messageing app to something else like Messaging?
https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-124187/
Is the Verizon Messages app up to date?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.verizon.messaging.vzmsgs&hl=en

DavidH_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Banana3

I believe it's the app.  Have iphone and that messenging app is working fine.

I just deleted the Verizon messaging+.  I don't have time to wait and my messages are still disappearing from as soon as 1wk ago so don't want to lose any more texts.  I'm able to read them but not storing them for the 90 days.  Plus, I like my text messages to stay indefinitely as I use them to reference back to info.

0 Likes
HERBSTUFF

Same basic thing is happening to me! Group texts (not individual texts) in MESSENGER+ are disappearing! Very frustrating when trying to set up !

0 Likes
TRIREG14
Enthusiast - Level 2

I switched over from Message+ to just "Messaging" on my phone and that app does not even have the group message thread I am referring to that keeps disappearing.  The messaging app is not even showing that group at all, even though there is a current thread in message+

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HERBSTUFF,

We can only imagine the frustration in having your messages disappear from Message+. Let's see if we can determine what's going on. What model phone do you have? When did you begin experiencing this? How old are the messages that are disappearing from the app?

ShawnteJ_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you testing a different message app, TRIREG14. I understand when this happens the thread starts fresh. Please go to the Verizon Messages+ app and select the menu icon in the upper left corner>Settings>Advanced>Delete old messages. Is this setting enabled or disabled?

If you've previously enabled integrated messaging, I would like to have you attempt accessing Verizon Messages through or website app to determine if your group thread appears here. http://spr.ly/6588DHHia

AndreaS_VZW

0 Likes
TRIREG14
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is no check in the box for "delete old messages"

The messages do appear in Message+ web.  However, if I turn off my phone, just like with the mobile app, when I turn the phone back on the history of that particular group disappears on message + on the phone and disappears from message+ web.

0 Likes