Group Messages showing "Downloading"

Google Pixel user here with version 6.6.4 of Message+.

When someone sends a group text to me that wasn't created in Message+, I see "Downloading" in the senders individual thread.  If others reply, I will see "Downloading" in their individual thread.  It will usually eventually show up correctly (as a group text).  This can take minutes, or hours or days.  Sometimes killing the app and launching again can trigger the download to complete.

This is not specific to this device.  It happens to a couple of other phones I have on Verizon.   I have trued changing: "Enable Chat", "Auto-Retrieve", "Group Conversations".

How can I fix this?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Group Messages showing "Downloading"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

502k,

Help is here! We want to make sure that you are able to view all images in a group text. I appreciate the details & your troubleshooting efforts. Let's roll up our sleeves to get this figured out. Can you please provide more clarity on what you mean by it showing "downloading" in the individual thread? When did this problem start to happen? Does this happen with only one particular group message thread or with any group message thread?

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

Sure.  Here's what I see.....

I get a text message (see 8:31 AM) from an individual that looks like this:

Screenshot_20180516-090236.png

Then a couple of hours later, once it downloads, that text (see 8:31 AM) becomes a group message (MMS):

Screenshot_20180516-110959.png 

Any ideas?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does it work better or differently if you have the cellular data connection turned on and active when those messages are received?

I know Message+ can download over Wi-Fi, but generally MMS and group messages require cellular data to download on other apps.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

Thank you for your response.  Unless I'm on a plane, I will have the cellular data connection on.  And I haven't noticed any difference.  I have fiddled with a few settings.  Currently, "Sync over WiFi only" is OFF.  I haven't found a way to force the download to happen.  At this very moment, I have two texts that show downloading.  I am certain that they are group texts/responses.

It's a bit frustrating.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

502k,

I certainly understand the need to get your messages as quickly as possible. We want to keep you connected. I see since your initial post a new update has come out for Message+. Have you been able to download that? Does this seem to happen in all locations or only in specific ones? Does this happen with all group messages or only certain people?

Andrew_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We do want everything to work properly for you, 502k. Getting your messages to work is a must. Since this issue started have you tested to see if this also happens when using the native Messaging app on your phone?

Also, have you tried clearing the Message+ app by resetting it? Here is a link with steps on how to do that https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-207811/

Steven_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

I'm on 6.6.6 which I believe is the latest.

I'll try the reset as suggested.

ThamT you for the suggestion.

0 Likes

I'd like to refresh this conversation.  I'm on version 6.7.11 and this issue still persists.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

502k,

I'm certainly sorry to hear this is still happening after so much time. I know having your messages show up correctly is a big deal and we want to make sure that is a smooth process. 

Does that seem to happen in all locations or only in specific ones? Is this the same with all group messages or only with specific people? Does this still happen if Wi-Fi is completely off when you get these messages?

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes