Group Messaging - Can it be turned off?
curtis303

Hi - I've been searching the net and have called to ask this question and am now posting this question as a last resort to try to resolve this.  Is there any way to turn off group messaging so that when you reply to a pic message / joke for example you don't send the message to everyone that got the original? 

Seems hard to believe that anyone would think this is a good feature without a need to be able to pick whether you reply to the sender or to everyone on the list that you don't know (and who will ask who you are because they don't know why you send an LOL out of the blue).

Any suggestions other than simply not being able to reply to messages and instead having to create a new message so you can reply rather than reply to all?   I have yet to receive a joke or pic message where I wanted to reply to every person that got it from the person I got it from (perhaps that's just me)....

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Group Messaging - Can it be turned off?
budone
Legend

Dont know about your issue, but if you are able, I would change your username from your phone number. (I am guessing it is)

0 Likes
enduretherain

You can select the sender's name from the drop down list at the top or you can press and hold the message to reply just to the sender. But I HATE this group messaging feature. It is very easy to embarrass yourself this way unless you pay close attention to see if it is a group message or not. I don't want that extra work on every single message. I don't like it at all. I've already accidentally texted my older sister's new boyfriend that I've never met.

Also, it is kind of an invasion of privacy--I can see everyone that the message was sent to. What if the sender doesn't want me to know who all the message was sent to? These older phones don't have any kind BCC option like e-mail. I really wish they would remove this feature.

0 Likes
Kwojcik

An easy fix is to have the sender... send group messages as individual messages. That way when you reply it goes just to the sender.

0 Likes
DavidKWhite

Long-press on the message that you received and choose from the pop-up menu "reply to sender"

0 Likes