Group Text Messages stuck sending OFTEN with all 3 messaging apps
shrike718
Enthusiast - Level 1

this is my 3rd S20+, I have several group text messages and several times a day my sent messages get stuck "sending". This happens with message+, the samsung messenger and google messenger. I've done factory resets, clear cache, uninstall messaging clients, switch to wifi, stay on mobile, turn on airplane mode on and off. Nothing fixes it. I've seen lots of threads out there about this with no solution.

Re: Group Text Messages stuck sending OFTEN with all 3 messaging apps
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This has gone on for far too long.  Being able to send group messages is mandatory for any device.  Let's get this completely resolved together once and for all.  When did this first start?  Did this issue happen with your other two S20+ devices?    Does this only happen with Group Messages?-Sean

0 Likes
Danswill
Enthusiast - Level 2

There seems to always be a customer service response to these issues in the thread but never a fix? I've struggled with this exact issue with all my samsung phones for years. default messaging/downloading messaging apps. verizon simply struggles to send group sms. I have just had to wait an hour + for all the spinning wheels to stop and eventually fail. Is there actually a solution or is this just part of messaging on verizon?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Danswill We want you to have a working messaging app. I can't imagine having to wait hours for it to only fail. We have sent you a message here on this platform.-Dolores

0 Likes
RM01
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same exact issue of group texts getting stuck on my S20.  See message downloading under the contact and does not download for 1- 9 hours.  Just spinning wheel.  My wife has same issue as well.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure you and your wife can use your Group Messages without worry, RM01! Is this primarily happening on WiFi or while connected to mobile data as well away from WiFi? What messaging app are you currently using?  -Yale

0 Likes
RM01
Enthusiast - Level 2

It happens if you use wifi or mobile data. It happens using any messaging app.  I am currently using Samsung messages.   I have also tried Verizon messages and Google messages.  All 3 gave same issue.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RM01, we've sent you a private message to help address this texting issue further for you. Thank you.

- Alan

0 Likes
Danswill
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have no such message. Why not simply explain a fix?!

0 Likes
RM01
Enthusiast - Level 2

They don't have a fix.  They offer a replacement phone.  My wife has same problem and we had on other Samsung phones so not device specific.  

0 Likes