Group Text Messages stuck sending OFTEN with all 3 messaging apps
bluezapfel
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Google Pixel Pro with Verizon, I can't group chat with anyone that uses a iPhone, after bit of texting, it just sits there saying sending, but doesn't send and I don't get anything either, then 20 minutes later everything goes though all at one and get 20 texts.

I can't find a solution anywhere. Unreal this is an issue in 2022.. smh..

Chris

Re: Group Text Messages stuck sending OFTEN with all 3 messaging apps
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bluezapfel, we want to ensure that all of your messages are going through. Let's gather some information on exactly what is happening. When did this first begin? Do you recall adding any recent apps, games or software? Are you experiencing any issue with calls or data? When this happens are you connected to Wi-Fi?   -Loren

0 Likes
jincs151k
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem here. It has been happening more frequently. No issues with phone. No issues with service. Problem only exists when related to group text. All of a sudden, the text gets stuck. You can see individual texts from responding participants being received (as opposed to a single group text) but pending . 20 ish minutes later, they all start coming back in the single group text chain.  It happens several times a day. There are about 11 individuals within the group. 

0 Likes
jincs151k
Enthusiast - Level 1

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure you are always able to stay connected reliably, jincs151k. Do you have any issues sending a text message individually to an iPhone? Is there a difference in the delay when connected to cellular data versus Wi-Fi?

*Cheyenne

0 Likes
jincs151k
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm on an android, s21 - I don't have any issues sending or receiving individual texts . There is no difference when connected via wi-fi or data . I've experience this issue on either connection. 

Just a overview. This is only occurring on group texts with heavy back and forth messaging (in my case, 11 contacts within group) - 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jincs151k, I have the Galaxy S21 Ultra and I love that phone so much.  Texting is my main means of communication and any issues with group texting would cause me so many headaches.  Do not worry we will get this figured out.  Have you recently changed from an iPhone to your current Android?  Have you used an iPhone in the past?  Do you currently use an iPad or have you used an iPad in the past?

-Santo

0 Likes
jincs151k
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was here for some assistance. It seems like a dead end. To answer your question. No I never had an iphone/ipad.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jincs151k, I have sent you a Private Note.  Can you please respond to the private note so we can attempt to verify your account and get this group messaging issue resolved. 

-Santo

0 Likes
AARKOV7
Enthusiast - Level 2

They won't solve this for you.  It's been a known issue since 2016.

There's an issue on Verizon network between android and Apple devices.  Their network thinks many group texts between them are spam so they delay them for 15mins on the dot.

You'll see other threads with similar stories and they just placate you with these replies and efforts.  It's totally ridiculous.  I've been on the phone with them for hours, been in the store talking about, texting tech support, etc.  They'll never admit they have a network issue and act like you're the first to bring up the issue.