Re: Group Text reply only to sender
smcostas
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue. I use the "just me" option frequently. Now it is gone. Pressing on the recipients bar does not bring up the option. It is infuriating that Verizon has removed this option with the latest update.

RecK
Enthusiast - Level 3

smcostas... Unfortunately, Verizon has stopped responding regarding the reply to just me question. It is disappointing that after initially seeming to want to help, their agents just stopped. They could have at least said that they are unable to solve the problem and brought closure to this inquiry instead of making us feel that we wasted our time. 

0 Likes
smcostas
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for letting me know.

I seem to recall this same issue happened after a previous update and then after several weeks the "just me" option appeared again. Hoping that's what happens this time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, smcostas. We are very sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing with being able to have replies in Group Text Messages just sent to you. We definitely want to get down to the bottom of this. What is the make and model of the device that you have? When did you notice that this first start happening? BrettA_VZW

0 Likes
RecK
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't recall ever losing that feature since using it, but I sincerely hope you're right! ☺️ 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RecK, we apologize if you felt that we stopped responding to you as this is never what was intended to happen. We receive responses in the order they are received, and reply to each customer as they come in. We ultimately want to ensure we can help resolve this particular issue with your Verizon Messages+. What is the make and model of your device? Do you have the same issue when using the default messaging application that came installed on your device? How long has this issue been happening for? 

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes
RecK
Enthusiast - Level 3
  • I have a Samsung S10 phone. I've always used Verizon Message+ on my previous phone, the Samsung S7, and also on the Samsung S10 since I purchased it when it came out in March 2019. Verizon Message+ was always my choice of text apps because each time I started a new group text, I could toggle a switch to choose whether I wanted replies to be included in the message thread to all recipients or to have replies sent to just me only. That feature could be activated by long pressing on the top where the recipients' names were listed. 
0 Likes
RecK
Enthusiast - Level 3

Kevin... I forgot to add that I believe this issue started after a recent update changed the look of the app. Now, when recipients' names are typed in to start a group message, MMS, Enhanced Group and Broadcast appear above the names. These words were never there before. Since this happened, I can no longer long press on the names to show the toggle to allow me to  have replies sent to just me. 

0 Likes
smcostas
Enthusiast - Level 2

My situation is the same as RecK's. I have a Samsung S10. The option to have group message replies sent to "just me" was on a toggle to the right of the recipients bar. After the latest update it disappeared. Pressing on the recipients bar as previously suggested does nothing. I now have the 3 options of MMS, Enhanced (I have no idea what that is), and Broadcast above the recipients bar. These options were not there before the update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

smcostas, Keep in mind that the updates are designed and released by the manufacture. With new updates, some changes occur or are relocated. After updating the software, a restart or full reset is required to smooth out any software update glitches.

TrinetteW_VZW

0 Likes