Re: Group Text reply only to sender
smcostas
Enthusiast - Level 2

Both RecK and I are asking about Message+ which, as I understand it, is a Verizon app. I find it ludicrous that Verizon customer service has been unable to answer our questions about the group message reply to "just me" option. Who designed this update?

I am well aware that changes occur after an update, but I would not expect a much used feature to be removed entirely. If that is the case, then Verizon should tell us that it has been removed. If it hasn't, than Verizon should tell us how to find it. These are really straightforward questions.

smcostas
Enthusiast - Level 2

By the way, I have restarted my phone since the update, but the situation remains the same. When composing a group text, the toggle which used to appear next to recipients bar giving the option to have recipients reply to group or "Just me" is no longer there. Pressing on the recipients bar has no effect.

0 Likes
RecK
Enthusiast - Level 3

TrinetteW and smcostas...After the software was updated, I did restart my phone to see if it was just a temporary glitch. I then contacted tech coach and gave the agent permission to look into my phone.  A full reset was performed to smooth out any software update glitches. The problem wasn't solved. Therefore, I have to assume the toggle to reply to sender only has been purposely removed by the manufacturer which is so disappointing. This feature made Verizon Message+ more user friendly than other text messaging apps such as the Samsung messaging app, Messages, and Textra. I guess I'll look around for another app to try. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Reck I want to make sure your issue has been resolved. DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes
smcostas
Enthusiast - Level 2

RecK - I guess I will have to look for a different message app too in order to use the option that Message+ had for so long. 

It's just ridiculous that numerous Verizon employees have not been able to answer our question.

RecK
Enthusiast - Level 3

DoloresK and smcostas... Unfortunately, no, the problem has not been resolved despite numerous conversations with your department. I've given up and will try to find another texting app. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate your writing back into us to let us know that I just tried to send a group text mess son Messages+ and I was able to send the messages and receive replies. You can begin with creating the group messages, add members, then name the group. From here, I just sent the message and the recipients were able to reply to me. A toggle was not needed to receive the replies from the recipients. 

Are you using established groups already? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We do apologize this setting was removed and it caused this inconvenience for you, RecK. Is there anything else we can assist you with?

0 Likes
RecK
Enthusiast - Level 3
  • No, I don't need help with anything else. Other than the problem of losing the option of having group message replies sent to only me, Message+ used to be the best texting app. I just wonder why fix what wasn't broken to begin with??!!
0 Likes
smcostas
Enthusiast - Level 2

RecK - I agree with you completely.

I am trying Textra which does give the sender the option to have group messages reply to the group or only the sender, but it can only be changed in settings. It's not as user friendly as the Message+ toggle which appeared for each conversation, but since it seems that the toggle is no longer offered, it will have to do. If they ever come to their senses and reinstate that option, I might consider using Message+ again.

I find it very frustrating that Verizon customer service has still not provided a direct answer to this issue.