Group Texting
DianeB402

This is happening with more frequency and it is very disturbing. One (or more) of the recipients of a group text has sent a reply to the original sender of the text, but the reply has ended up in the Inbox of one (or more) of the other recipients in that first group text. (IOW.......Suzy sent a group text to Joe, Tom, Mary, John and Lisa. Lisa sent a reply back to Suzy, but the reply went to Tom instead of Suzy. And Lisa is NOT a contact of Tom's.) This can and will lead to some very awkward and embarrasing situations. Any ideas why this is suddenly (within the past 2 or 3 months) occuring?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Group Texting
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

I agree with you. This can cause an awkward or embarrassing situation if someone sends a text meant for only one person and everyone else ends up receiving it.

Does it happen with every group text you send? Have you noticed that this is happening to a specific person replying to the message or does it happen with everyone who tries to reply to the group text message?

I've researched this and did not find it to be a known reported issue with the Group Text function. Has the person replying to the group text confirmed they are not selecting Reply All instead of to the original sender?

In order to troubleshoot and resolve this as soon as possible I recommend you contact us at 800-922-0204 at your convenience. We are available seven days a week 6AM to 11PM CDT and will be more than happy to assist you. 

0 Likes
mykulc23

This happens to me and my wife as well. EVERY group text/pic we send, any response goes to everyone that got the text. I hope they (Verizon) come up with a solution instead of dancing around it like your first response from them did.

0 Likes
mfox078

Its not only Verizon it happens to. I have a friend that has another service and sends group texts alot, so I recieve the replys from it.

0 Likes
Xxyoung1771
This problem happened to me with my girlfriend and apparently her other boyfriend! What a way to find out.
0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Xxyoung1771 wrote:
This problem happened to me with my girlfriend and apparently her other boyfriend! What a way to find out.

See, this feature is very helpful.

0 Likes