Group messages creating themselves
PHIEDG82

I have the Kyocera Duraforce .  I use messaging+ typically without any issues. Recently, I starting  receiving group messages in which I am one of the group.  The originate from the other people and come it with , ME as one in the group.  So when I respond, I ALSO receive my responses back to the other party.  All the people that this is happening with are using the Samsung S8. Neither of us are creating group messages.     Anyone have any ideas what is going on??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Group messages creating themselves
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PHIEDG82, having issues with your Messaging + service can be frustrating, especially if group messaging is your primary focus. We want to provide a solution. Did you experience this issue before? When did it start? Does it occur with certain group messages or all? Do the other group members experience a similar issue? Any recent changes to the phone or app (new updated)?

Gilberto_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ldnash

I've been having this same issue, it is random, there isn't a pattern as to who it creates the groups with, definitely not everyone.  and it doesn't happen all the time.  see below - test didn't sent to be but the following messages I sent did.

Screenshot_20181221-162013.png

0 Likes
alans_vzw
Verizon Employee

Ldnash, thanks for the screenshot provided and I want to help get this odd texting issue resolved for you. Receiving your own group text message response is not a known issue based on my research regarding the Verizon Messages app. So I can better assist, what make and model phone are you using? Have you at all attempted to Clear Data and Force Stop the Verizon Messages app and retest the issue? 

Please also ensure that the Verizon Messages app is up to date via the Google Play Store if not already and keep us posted on any changes.

AlanS_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ldnash

I have cleared based on other posts but that didn't help anything. I have verified that the app is the most recent version. I am using a Google pixel 3

Sent with BlackBerry Work (www.blackberry.com)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for these updated details, ldnash. Now that we've gotten this information concerned it's vital we continue to review this further for you. Have you performed any troubleshooting steps on your device since this has started to happen? If so, can we have you verify the steps taken so we can continue to look into this to the best of our ability for you.

AnthonyM_VZW

0 Likes