Group text msgs randomly not sent or delivered?
skottmorris

I am on a Pixel running latest Oreo. Did a full factory reset to fix texting on Oreo back in September. Now I am randomly not receiving and not sending group text messages. Most of the groups are mixed iPhone and Android, but the problem typically starts with me not receiving a msg and others randomly not receiving the msgs I send. Super frustrating. I'd say it works 95% of the time, but the missing 5% is really annoying. Any thoughts?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Group text msgs randomly not sent or delivered?
MAMCKEEH

I'm on an LG G6 and I have the exact same issue. Some MMS messages are received and some aren't. Just did a factory reset and the messages were on Verizon cloud so I'm thinking it's an Oreo issue. Either way, it's incredibly frustrating.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

skottmorris We don't want you to miss any of your group messages. Let's see how we can fix this issue. You mentioned the problem with sending and receiving group messages is random. Let's see if we can narrow it down. Where are you located when you notice this happens? For instance, are you indoors or outdoors? Which text messaging application are you using (Verizon Messages or the standard texting app that's pre-installed)?

SheritaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
skottmorris

For me, it happens everywhere; home, work even sitting at Costco. I did not receive a group message from my brother at 6:00am last Saturday morning while my phone was at home charging. I missed messages from my kids while in the office on the company wifi. I sent a group message while sitting in Costco Tue night and my wife, sitting across from me, did not receive it, but everyone else did.

Everyone is on Verizon. I think the issue is my phone sine I'm always the one missing messages or having them not delivered to others. I have cleared the cache, but the problem persists. I may just remove all the messages to see if that helps.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

skottmorris

All I do is message. If my text messaging didn’t work, I may as well have no phone. I understand how important this is to you. I’ll be more than happy to assist you. When did this issue start for you? What messaging app are you using? Is there anyone in these group messages using a different messaging app? What type of phones are involved? Do you have any issues sending normal text messages to anyone involved in this group? Is your phone and all of the apps up to date on the latest software versions? The messages you missed from your kids, were they group messages or regular messages. Where those messages delivered once you left your office?

EdwardL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
skottmorris

I have a Google Pixel running the latest Android (Oreo) and only use the supplied Android Messages app. The problem initially started with the update to Oreo, which stopped incoming and outgoing text messages completely. The only fix that worked for me was a factory reset.

Most of my group texts are with family who is on iPhone 6 & 7.

This problem never happened prior to the Oreo update. The problem does not seem to be with other's phones. It's my phone receiving and sending msgs. Sometimes I don't receive msgs and other times my msgs are not received by others. Sometimes it's just text, sometimes it's pictures, it's very random. It happens at home, in the office and while roaming.

0 Likes