Group texts not working
jangiels

As of last week group texts stopped working for me.   I can send/receive person-to-person texts but groups are now unreliable.  Sometimes I never receive them while sometimes I receive a batch of old ones 12+ hours after they are sent to the group.   I can't tell if the texts I send to the group are reliable as it could be folks see them but I don't see the reply.

I am on an iPhone 11 Pro, 13.6.1, using the default Messaging application.

Switching WiFi on and off has made no difference.  

Rebooting the iPhone has made no difference, except sometimes after I reboot I will receive a flurry of old group texts.

Forcing non-iMessage texts to use SMS has made not difference.

Nothing new was installed, reconfigured, or removed in the last couple of weeks.   It just stopped working.

I suspect the problem is with text groups that contain non-iPhone devices but I have not been able to confirm with 100% certainty that iPhone-only group texts are full featured.

My wife has an iPhone, is on the same group texts, in the same location, and her group texts are still working fine.

I am not sure what else to try to fix this situation.

TIA

0 Likes
Re: Group texts not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, we are here to aid you in any way we can. Please send us a Private Note.

0 Likes
STEVE23

Group texting can receive but can't send out. In addition can't text out pictures. Have been on customer support calls for many hours on multiple occasions. Even spent 3 hours at Verizon Store going through every setting again with no solution. Transferred everything to a new phone which didn't make a difference. 

Last week they said they would contact us in 3 to 5 days and rebuild the line but have not heard back.

Running out of time and ready to return the phone and go back to the iphone11 !!!!

Any last minute suggestions?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would love to assist you with getting to the bottom of this issue ASAP! We will be sending you a Private Note, so we can further assist you. 

0 Likes