Have I been hacked in my message App!!
RHOYALT1

I've seen this issue posted.  Using Drupe message app. This started yesterday where the contacts names in the app switch to characters.

Ran a virus scan.  Still there.  Love Drupe and want to continue using.  I also use Truecaller to block spam.  But mostly to block spam, not as my primary messaging app.

What is happening?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Have I been hacked in my message App!!
RHOYALT1

Correction.  It's the Verizon Messaging app with the strange characters.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're having issues with this specific app RHOYALT1. I know it's frustrating to have problems with texting especially when this is a common channel for communication. Since this is not our application, we recommend contacting the app developer. Also, make sure your software and applications are up to date on your phone.

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RHOYALT1

It's actually the Verizon Messaging app that shows the wired characters.   Appreciate your assistance in addressing what may be going on with Verizon's apps.

V/rRhoyalt1 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for clarifying that you are using the Verizon Message+ application, RHOYALTY1. Let’s get some additional information and explore ways to resolve this issue. When did this issue start? Did it start after installing/updating any particular application/software?

In the mean time, please remove/disable the application, power your phone off/on, install/enable application and test.

AntonioC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
essence712

I am having the same issue! I dont use this app you call Drupe. I have reached out to Verizon and they seem powerless to stop this or try to investigate.  If they will do nothing,  soon, I will drop them anx go eith a different carrier!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to read about the trouble that you are having with your messaging app. The last thing we want is for you to think about leaving us. Can you please elaborate on what is happening? We want to help in any way we can. 

0 Likes