Help with using the verizon website to send text messages
live4christp1

My hubby is in the military/currently in a different time zone - so sometimes I will use the Verizon website to send him a text message that is delayed to be sent at a later time so as not to disturb him while he rests.  When he gets these he just hits reply and sends a text back - but it never comes to my mobile device despite having included the call back number.  Where do these go?  Is there a place I can go to retrieve them and how?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Help with using the verizon website to send text messages
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You need to log on to where you sent them online (vtext.com if from the Verizon site) - the replies go there. That's where the replies should be, though they should go to your phone as well, I would think.  I don't use vtext.com; maybe someone who does can answer that one....

0 Likes
Re: Help with using the verizon website to send text messages
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello live4christp1,

I would like to thank you for the sacrifices you and your family have made for our country. I sincerely realize the added importance for you to be able to correspond via text message while he is away from home.

Thanks SuzyQ for your input, you are correct. Vtext responses do go to the website. However, there is a way for the message replies to also go to the device. 

http://www.vtext.com , when logged in using your My Verizon username and password, allows you to personalize your background, add contacts, and just make the page your own. If using it on a regular basis, I would strongly suggest the personalization of your page. This also allows you to avoid having to enter the random "captcha" characters every time you send a message.

First, login to My Verizon using your username and password, then please click on "More Actions" from the middle of the homepage. Then, you will see a blue link that says "Send a Text." Please click on this link. It will take you to your own personal vtext.com page. From there please send a message. Once sent, you will come to the "Message Status" page that has a radio button which gives you the option to have responses sent to either "The Web" or "My Handset and Web." If you choose "My Handset and Web," you will be able to see the messages both on your phone and on your computer.

I hope this information is helpful for you and allows you to easily communicate with your husband. Have a great day!

Christina B

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes