Horrible Recent Update to Message +
TheSeeker
Enthusiast - Level 3

Since the recent (7-27-15)  update to Message +, my text app is rendered nearly useless. 

Now when I get a new text notification, double tapping it opens Message + as all gray with the circular "progress" icon spinning for 5-10 minutes.  That is, if it doesn't just close or freeze.

Many times when I try to send a text, opening Message + just shows a blank (no conversations) or conversations with just phone numbers and no names/contacts.

I did try the advice of tech support twice to pull the sim card tray out slightly, shut down, reinsert sim card, and restart....to no avail. 

I would trash Message + altogether except I need it to be  synched with my Elipsis tablet and I cannot do that otherwise.

Is there any way I can revert back to the app before this update?

Droid Turbo, LP 5.1, 23.11.39.quark_verizon.....vzw

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Horrible Recent Update to Message +
TheSeeker
Enthusiast - Level 3

UPDATE:

I've cleared the cache, cleared the data, tried wiping the cache partition, and did a clean re-install of the latest version of Message +.....none helped with my problems.

Therefore, I uninstalled all the updates and reverted to the original version and everything is now working perfectly!

Thanks for all who tried to help...its appreciated!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is to have your messaging application working correctly Jack. While it is not possible to revert any software update, we can work on resolving this messaging app issue. First ensure that your Message + application is up to date, then clear data/cache and test: Settings>Apps>Swipe left to ALL tab>Scroll down to and tap on Message + app>Clear Cache/Data.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TheSeeker
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for the reply.

My version is Message + 5.6.3

I am a bit hesitant to clear the data until I ask if I will lose all my texts.  I have some important ones locked. 

I did clear the cache.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
TheSeeker

Never fear, help is here. I actually have the Droid Turbo on the most up to date software version & use Message+. I have gone ahead & cleared the data on my Message+ application & I am pleased to say all locked texts were still there once I went into it again. Feel free to proceed with confidence
BryanS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TheSeeker
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well.....that (clearing data & cache) didn't help at all. 

In fact it's worse than I realized.  If I get an incoming text while I'm writing a text, it freezes up and eventually says its not responding. At that point I lose what I've written in that text and the incoming text disappears without knowing who it was from or what it said. 

I'm a businessman, not using texting for frivolous chatter, so I'm missing important messages.

I never had any problems at all with Message + prior to the most recent update.

0 Likes
TheSeeker
Enthusiast - Level 3

Another new "feature" =  It now breaks texts into parts which arrive in backwards order. That's a new feature since the update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying those steps provided earlier TheSeeker. I apologize for the messaging issue you are having with your device. Have you tried to clearing/wiping the Cache Partition? Here are the steps http://tiny.cc/1yy90x and then test your Messaging function on your device. Keep us posted on the resuilts. 

EdwinW_VZW

0 Likes
TheSeeker
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well....that didn't help. Problem persists.  😞

0 Likes
TheSeeker
Enthusiast - Level 3

UPDATE:

I've cleared the cache, cleared the data, tried wiping the cache partition, and did a clean re-install of the latest version of Message +.....none helped with my problems.

Therefore, I uninstalled all the updates and reverted to the original version and everything is now working perfectly!

Thanks for all who tried to help...its appreciated!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is great news TheSeeker. I do apologize for the inconvenience this caused you. However, I am glad everything is working like intended to work. Remember, we are only one post away if you need us.

JorgeO_VZW