How I fixed the Message+ Issues
Hbkseanmichael
Enthusiast - Level 3

Samsung S7 Edge user.  Android 6.0.1

Issue:  Only two of my contacts were showing up in blue font and also showing up with "chat" instead of "sms".  My wife and my aunt.  When me and my wife were both on wifi today at work our text werent sending.  Then when we got home to our wifi they sent but all coming in as "chat" not "sms".  Also my wife would text me and it would send it to me like a group text.. her name showed as the sender 3 times.. very annoying.

So here is how I FINALLY SOLVED it for us..

We both did these steps:

1.  Force stop and clear cache for Message+, stock Messages, Contacts, Phone.

2.  Make sure all notifications and permissions are OFF on stock message app.

3.  Go into Message+ and turn off Notifications.  Also turn off any setting that has to do with MMS and Wifi.

4.  Go into Settings > Applications > Application Manager > More > Modify system settings

CLICK OFF for: Messages.

5.  Go back into Message+ and restore your regular settings.

6. Reboot phone (or just put into airplane for a  min and then turnn airplane off again)

Fixed.

Let me know if it works.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How I fixed the Message+ Issues
jurroppi1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here's what I did and it worked for me:

1.  Force stop and clear cache for Message+, stock Messages.

3.  Go into Message+ and turn off Notifications.  Also turn off any setting that has to do with MMS and Wifi.

4.  Go into Settings > Applications > Application Manager > Configure Apps > Modify system settings > CLICK OFF for: Message+

5. Click back on for Message+

6. Go back into Message+ and restore your regular settings.

Now it seems to work regardless of wifi, data, or who has either on/off, thanks for the walk through!

Note: on my LG G3 the menu is different than yours in step 4.

I'm thinking the force stop and cache clear, plus the settings changes for the stock messaging app as well as Message+ is probably what did the trick, not sure if the rest was needed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jurroppi1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here's what I did and it worked for me:

1.  Force stop and clear cache for Message+, stock Messages.

4.  Go into Settings > Applications > Application Manager > Configure Apps > Modify system settings > CLICK OFF for: Message+

5. Click back on for Message+

6. Go back into Message+ and restore your regular settings.

Now it seems to work regardless of wifi, data, or who has either on/off, thanks for the walk through!

Note: on my LG G3 the menu is different than yours in step 4.

I'm thinking the force stop and cache clear, plus the settings changes for the stock messaging app as well as Message+ is probably what did the trick, not sure if the rest was needed.

0 Likes
dtheresa
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did the "chat" go away after u did this

0 Likes
dtheresa
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a Samsung s7 edge to what is the stock message I'm so confused on what to do I tried and the "chat" still comes up

0 Likes
Hbkseanmichael
Enthusiast - Level 3

Chat is gone and has yet to return...knock on wood

Stock is the messages app... probably a yellow message box icom on your phone.

Not sure... i dont use crappy touchwiz i use nova launcher for my  phone operation

0 Likes
dtheresa
Enthusiast - Level 3

I must not be doing somthing right lol mine is still there i don't know how to do all of this lol its driving me nuts because when I friend texts her texts won't come threw unless my WiFi is on

0 Likes
jurroppi1
Enthusiast - Level 2

it mostly shows sms now, unless I send media, or if both of us have a valid data/wifi connection it still sometimes shows as chat. Regardless, it is working for me now. Supposedly there is a 6.4.4 version that fixes this as long as you delete your account and recreate it. I haven't had to go that route yet. Here's a link: Re: Message + App changing to chat / not sending or receiving messages

0 Likes