How an I receive text message that my family receive thru their phone?
kristen254
Enthusiast - Level 1

How can I receive text message that my family member receive thru their phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How an I receive text message that my family receive thru their phone?
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You can certainly monitor WHO is calling and texting, that's always available on your bill. Just use your my verizon and view your bill and then pick the line you want to view and if you want to view the call log or text log, data etc..

However you can't see the actual messages, only phone numbers so you'd have to know who's in her phone or if you see any suspicious out of state numbers perhaps.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I don't quite follow. You either want to be included in a group text message, or want to snoop at text messages being sent to someone else it seems...which one?

kristen254
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would say monitoring not snooping...but yes. I'm the account owner and I had a line for my niece and she's young I just want to monitor her who's calling or texting her...just want to protect her from creeps.

Weth
Legend

The safest thing you can do is have open phone rule and periodically review the phone.  There are so many different ways to text, post, message, communicate that if you limit yourself to one method, you are just fooling yourself.  Kids are smart, if they know you are monitoring text messages, they will use one of the many different ways to comminicate. 

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You can certainly monitor WHO is calling and texting, that's always available on your bill. Just use your my verizon and view your bill and then pick the line you want to view and if you want to view the call log or text log, data etc..

However you can't see the actual messages, only phone numbers so you'd have to know who's in her phone or if you see any suspicious out of state numbers perhaps.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kristen254, I understand wanting to monitor your niece’s phone activity. I have a preteen and a teenager that I want to protect against creeps as well. What make and model phone does she have? You may benefit from our Verizon Messages application. To learn more please visit  http://vz.to/1JexqU4

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes