How can I preview text messages on the lock screen or notification banner with Verizon Message+ and Lollipop 5.1.1
miraidave
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 with Lollipop 5.1.1.  I am using Verizon Message+ as my default text message program.  I would like to preview the text message body of a new text on the lock screen or notification banner, like the Samsung Message app can do.  I understand that there is some sort of pop-up message option in Verizon Message+, but I rather not have messages pop up while I am using the phone.  Currently, it just shows the person and 1 new messages on both the notification banner of the notification center and on the lock screen.  I want to be able to see who the text is from and a preview of the body on the lock screen notification banner.  Is that possible with Verizon Message+?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I preview text messages on the lock screen or notification banner with Verizon Message+ and Lollipop 5.1.1
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Miraidave, having the abililty of seeing who is sending you a text message from your lock screen. Let's make sure that we check out a few of the settings in the Veizon Messages+ application. Please open the Message+ app, tap on the three lines in the upper left, under Advance tap on Settings, make sure that there is a Green check mark in Enable Pop Up, then place a check mark in Enable pop up over locked screen. Then, please test it out to make sure that is the setting that you would like to have on your phone. Keep us posted.
KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How can I preview text messages on the lock screen or notification banner with Verizon Message+ and Lollipop 5.1.1
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Miraidave, having the abililty of seeing who is sending you a text message from your lock screen. Let's make sure that we check out a few of the settings in the Veizon Messages+ application. Please open the Message+ app, tap on the three lines in the upper left, under Advance tap on Settings, make sure that there is a Green check mark in Enable Pop Up, then place a check mark in Enable pop up over locked screen. Then, please test it out to make sure that is the setting that you would like to have on your phone. Keep us posted.
KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
miraidave
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have tried enable pop up window and pop up over lock screen and it does work, however, that is not what I am looking to accomplish.  I do not want pop ups over my other notification .  I am looking to preview the body of my text message from the standard notification banner on the lockscreen, like how the default messaging app can do.  Is there a way to do this?

0 Likes
miraidave
Enthusiast - Level 2

Actually, I just realized that if you pull down on the banner on the lockscreen , it expands and you can preview the messages.  It must be the way the app sets up the preview message that makes it too big for the banner to display.  Since it is too big, instead previewing the message, it shows up as 1 new messages until you expand the banner.  I believe this is a bug or design flaw and recommend that the app developers take a look at fixing this.

0 Likes