How can I solve the 403 Forbidden error when using the "Text Online" Verizon Messages web app?
matt68
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've noticed a few others having the same issue, but many of them do not have any follow up after they are asked for additional information. I have been using the web app for years. I have changed nothing in my settings or configuration that I am aware of. I was using the app on Chrome and then started getting the 403 Forbidden error. I switched to a different Chrome user and it was working for awhile. Then I started getting the error. I switched to Firefox and the same thing happened. I switched to Edge and again, the same thing happened. It seems to work for about a day before getting the error. I have tried clearing Browsing History, Cookies and Saved Website Data, Cached Data and Files, Media Licenses, Pop-up Exceptions, Location Permissions, Full Screen Permissions, and Notifications Permissions, but none of that helped.

I need this to work. I can't install the Windows app on my work computer and using my phone at work is not a workable option. Is there anything I can do to make it work, even temporarily?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How can I solve the 403 Forbidden error when using the "Text Online" Verizon Messages web app?
juand_vzw
Verizon Employee

matt68,

Receiving error messages is never any fun. I'm not a fan and I know how important it is to get this problem fixed. I'll be happy to help. You've done a bit of troubleshooting already. You mentioned your work computer. Are you only having this issues when you try to send a text from work computer? Have you cleared the cache and cookies from every browser you've used (firefox, chrome, etc.)?

Juand_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: How can I solve the 403 Forbidden error when using the "Text Online" Verizon Messages web app?
matt68
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have only done it on Microsoft Edge and it fixed nothing, so I didn't try it for the others.

I tried it on Firefox and it seems to have worked. I cleared "Cookies and Site Data" and "Cached Web Content".

I tried it on Chrome and it also seems to have worked. I cleared "Cookies and other site data".

When it worked before, it stopped in a day. I'll update if it does again.

0 Likes