Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How can I solve the 403 Forbidden error when using the "Text Online" Verizon Messages web app?
matt68

I've noticed a few others having the same issue, but many of them do not have any follow up after they are asked for additional information. I have been using the web app for years. I have changed nothing in my settings or configuration that I am aware of. I was using the app on Chrome and then started getting the 403 Forbidden error. I switched to a different Chrome user and it was working for awhile. Then I started getting the error. I switched to Firefox and the same thing happened. I switched to Edge and again, the same thing happened. It seems to work for about a day before getting the error. I have tried clearing Browsing History, Cookies and Saved Website Data, Cached Data and Files, Media Licenses, Pop-up Exceptions, Location Permissions, Full Screen Permissions, and Notifications Permissions, but none of that helped.

I need this to work. I can't install the Windows app on my work computer and using my phone at work is not a workable option. Is there anything I can do to make it work, even temporarily?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How can I solve the 403 Forbidden error when using the "Text Online" Verizon Messages web app?
juand_vzw
Verizon Employee

matt68,

Receiving error messages is never any fun. I'm not a fan and I know how important it is to get this problem fixed. I'll be happy to help. You've done a bit of troubleshooting already. You mentioned your work computer. Are you only having this issues when you try to send a text from work computer? Have you cleared the cache and cookies from every browser you've used (firefox, chrome, etc.)?

Juand_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: How can I solve the 403 Forbidden error when using the "Text Online" Verizon Messages web app?
matt68

I have only done it on Microsoft Edge and it fixed nothing, so I didn't try it for the others.

I tried it on Firefox and it seems to have worked. I cleared "Cookies and Site Data" and "Cached Web Content".

I tried it on Chrome and it also seems to have worked. I cleared "Cookies and other site data".

When it worked before, it stopped in a day. I'll update if it does again.

0 Likes