How can I stop replies in group texts
betanc1496

I have a Samsung Brightside and when a caller sends out a group text, I get included in the replies to the original sender from each of the recipients, hence i get a text message charge for every reply.  How can I stop getting replies showing up on my cell phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I stop replies in group texts
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

When someone sends a group text, and one of recipients responds to ALL, you are included.  You would need to contact all of them and ask them not to "reply to all" - or simply as your contacts NOT to include you in a group text.  The other option is to block texting entirely, but I don't think you want that.

Unfortunately, I don't think there is an easy way to block the replies to a group text if someone sends it to everyone....

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

When someone sends a group text, and one of recipients responds to ALL, you are included.  You would need to contact all of them and ask them not to "reply to all" - or simply as your contacts NOT to include you in a group text.  The other option is to block texting entirely, but I don't think you want that.

Unfortunately, I don't think there is an easy way to block the replies to a group text if someone sends it to everyone....

0 Likes
burnee

so basically Im stuck in the conversation for 6 hrs.until everyone is done talking??????  thats sooooo not right,I shouldn,t have to be subjected to that kind of craziness,of the phone binging everytime someone responds,& even shutting the phone off,when u turn it back on it continues to download all the missed messages.........their has got to be something that can be done about this!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ask not to be included in the group texts?   If you are included, then you will get the group texts.  If you prefer not to be in on all the messages, then I guess you'd need to ask the original senders to message you privately, not as part of the group.

Group messaging can be a huge timesaver, and everyone sees all the messages so you are all working from the same page, so to speak.  For many it's a good way to communicate.  If it doesn't work for you, ask to be excluded.

0 Likes