How can I stop the Verizon ad in every MMS message?
Monkfishy

I am a previous Alltel customer, and just bought my first smartphone (Samsung Omnia) through Verizon. With my old phone on Alltel, I was able to send a message with a picture (MMS) to yFrog or TwitPic, and it would post to Twitter. Now, however, all of my MMS messages contain a huge ad from Verizon, that wipes out the message that I sent. That ad is what gets posted to Twitter - not my message, or my photo. The Verizon ad alone exceeds the 140 character limit.

Does anyone know how I can turn this MMS ad message off?  It basically renders the MMS messaging useless.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How can I stop the Verizon ad in every MMS message?
puffadust

I agree totally!  It renders the service I pay EXTRA for useless!  I will not stand for it and have files a complaint and will continue to do so until it stops.  My Internet service provider does not place an ad on my emails even if I use the webmail because I PAY FOR IT!

It also makes some of my blog post bounce due to the added characters 250+ in the Verizon signature alone!!  This renders your service totally useless if I can't even successfully use the service that I PAY EXTRA for.

0 Likes
puffadust

My first reply from Verizon support was:  "The message you mentioned is sent with all picture messages, and is considered not a ad but a informative message.  I do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

They also referred me to the picture FAQ http://support.vzw.com/faqs/Picture%20Messaging/faq_pixmessaging.html#content  which is fine but that doesn't have anything to do with my complaint.  I have filed another and will continue to do so.  I would like to add I love my Verizon service have 4 lines and great coverage, but blogging with pictures is a big hobby I have (which is why I chose the unlimited pkg) but this ad ruins it.

I also make it clear with each complaint......   Verizon CLEARLY states:  "Why Choose Verizon Wireless?  Because we're not 100% satisfied unless you are."

0 Likes
MicsterBear

This is certainly a serious problem.  I recently opened a mobile blogger account at www.blogger.com.  It works fine for a text upload from a Verizon phone via SMS.  But, if you post a picture and text, you must send to the email address: go@blogger.com  When you do that... your message and picture will get posted: BUT with the following AD:

This message was sent using the Picture and Video Messaging service from Verizon Wireless!

To learn how you can snap pictures and capture videos with your wireless phone visit www.verizonwireless.com/picture.

Note: To play video messages sent to email, QuickTime� 6.5 or higher is required.

Wow, that is just so annoying.  I am paying to have this service... VERZION, we love'ya but we HATE HATE HATE the annoying tagline.  Please give us a break!

Message Edited by MicsterBear on 08-25-2009 01:11 PM
0 Likes