How do I add a tablet to Verizon Messages as a new user, such as for one of my kids, so that it doesn't sync with my phone? Thanks!
MelanieJoDP

Each tablet has a given number when viewed on My Verizon, but I don't know how to use the Verizon Messages app on the tablets because it requires a security code that must be sent to the number. When I type in the number of the tablet, nothing happens because there is no way of receiving it in the first place. I typed in my cellphone number which worked, but it ended up syncing all of my messages to the tablets. Is there any way to make multiple accounts, so that my kids can use Verizon Messages? Thanks very much for your help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I add a tablet to Verizon Messages as a new user, such as for one of my kids, so that it doesn't sync with my phone? Thanks!
Snn5
Legend

You'd have to sync the tablet with the kid's phone.

0 Likes
Re: How do I add a tablet to Verizon Messages as a new user, such as for one of my kids, so that it doesn't sync with my phone? Thanks!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Melanie, it sounds like you are keeping the kids well connected, it is so helpful these days to have that option of tablets vs books. Your tablet does not actually have the ability to send and receive messages with the assigned number that is part of the device. Because the device is a non voice device, you are only able to access the internet with the device identifier, that looks like the phone number. Here is a helpful link  http://vz.to/1UhQmlx with more info.  The tablet could have an app downloaded to it that you can use for a message application so you can stay connected with them, however this would be something you would have to research, and then download on your phone and the tablets. This can be very helpful in keeping the messages all in one place too. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with.
CheriS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes