How do I block a text message from a number that is only 5 digits in length?
busnut

I emailed VZW customer service & they stated I can only block text messages that are 10 digits in length.  I replied to the 5 digit number with the message

STOP, QUIT, CANCEL, END and UNSUBSCRIBE

but I am still receiving unwanted text messages.  This is costing me $$$ and I do not like it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I block a text message from a number that is only 5 digits in length?
budone
Legend

What is the 5 digit number??? Those are shoert codes.

0 Likes
Re: How do I block a text message from a number that is only 5 digits in length?
busnut

77893 is the 5 digit number I am getting spam from

0 Likes
budone
Legend

busnut wrote:

77893 is the 5 digit number I am getting spam from

It is from the Finance Spot. According to their site reply  STOP     nothing more.

Here is some info on it.   Finance Spot sms complaints

0 Likes
funflake6

i got the same....the ones tht charge u 9.99 a month. i didnt even open it nd it still charged me. i already had them blocked on all my phones through verizon sumhow it went through. so i jus called up verizon again explained wut happened nd they took it off, all the charges. so mayb jus go down to ur local verizon store and tell them u want them blocked from coming to ur phone. hope i helped u out!! good luck

0 Likes