How do I change the primary number in Message+ on a Verizon phone?
MICNEM33

I have two Verizon phones and only want to carry one sometimes, but want to manage texts from two different numbers on the same phone.  Can I do this if they are both Verizon?

I currently have Phone1 as AT&T and Phone2 as Verizon.  I installed message+ on Phone1 AT&T and was able to get my messages and make calls using my Phone2 Verizon number.

If I switch Phone1 AT&T to Verizon will I still be able to do this.

Phone1 AT&T is an Iphone 6S

Phone2 Verizon is Galaxy 6 (android)

Testing on Phone2 will not let me access the settings if it is not the default message app, and once it is the default message app I cannot change the primary number, or add a second.  Is this an issue with my android app, or is it an issue with verizon.  If so I will be keeping AT&T for Phone1.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I change the primary number in Message+ on a Verizon phone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Micnem33,

I understand wanting to be able to mange your messages on one phone instead of two. I have two cell phones and at times would like to be able to only carry one. I appreciate the steps you have done to test on your Android phone. Unfortunately there is no way to add another number to the phone so you can get messages from your AT&T phone.

TionnaB_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MICNEM33

No, that is not my question.

I'm trying to tell you that I can get my Verizon messages on my AT&T

phone. I want to make the AT&T phone verizon and get messages from 2

verizon phones on one. But once you install the message+ app on a verizon

phone. it forces you to select the number of the phone it is installed on.

I do not want that. I want a different verizon number to be assigned to the

message+ app, while installed on a verizon phone.

Can I change the primary number of the message+ app?

On Feb 9, 2017 11:48 AM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
Mike9225

Came across your post, I've been trying to get this to work for a long time. Were you ever able to do it?

Michael

0 Likes
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes