How do I choose a different cellphone to send messages from in the web based app on a Windows PC?
asfan42069

I automatically sign in as the account holder and see no way to change that.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I choose a different cellphone to send messages from in the web based app on a Windows PC?
Not applicable

HI asfan42069

It sounds like  you are using the same computer and she has a 'keep me signed in' type setting.

However, you should be able to REGISTER with just our number. At the top RIGHT of the page, you'll see 'sign in/register' . HOVER over that for the drop down menu. Use 'my personal account' with your mobile number to create your own account. If you can't do that, at the bottom of the drop down,  you'll see 'register'. Select that and you should be able to register and set a password for your number.

Let me know how it goes.

ALIEM

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How do I choose a different cellphone to send messages from in the web based app on a Windows PC?
Not applicable

Hello asfan42069,

That's a good question!  Unfortunately, the PC app will work with only 1 cellphone at a time.  In other words, you CANNOT install the PC App 2 times and assign 1 cellphone to each PC app download.

A workaround would be to use the PC app for one cell phone and the WEB app for the other cellphone.  The mobile app would first need to be installed on that 2nd cellphone.

Please refer to this User Guide to learn more about the WEB app if you are not familiar with it.

WEB - Use Messages+ on the Web

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

ALIEM

0 Likes
asfan42069

Thank you for the response!  Perhaps I wasn't clear enough though as I only want to use one phone at a time.  The issue I have is that when I go to the web based app it automatically signs in with the account managers cell phone.  I see no area to switch lines.  I am not the account manager per say, my wife is, but I want to use my number on the web app at work.

0 Likes
Not applicable

HI asfan42069

It sounds like  you are using the same computer and she has a 'keep me signed in' type setting.

However, you should be able to REGISTER with just our number. At the top RIGHT of the page, you'll see 'sign in/register' . HOVER over that for the drop down menu. Use 'my personal account' with your mobile number to create your own account. If you can't do that, at the bottom of the drop down,  you'll see 'register'. Select that and you should be able to register and set a password for your number.

Let me know how it goes.

ALIEM

0 Likes