How do I create a line break in the Message desktop application?
AndVer

I have a question. Ctrl + enter does not work.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I create a line break in the Message desktop application?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure we are on the same page AndVer. Are you simply looking to provide the spacing or have the actual icon appear? Since the desktop version is meant to be an add on to what your phone can do, the icon is not available.

KatiM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JoeltheK

IS THERE STILL NO ANSWER?   You do NOT seem to be able to enter a line break without posting using the Message+ app on a PC (Windows 10).  This was asked at least 1 1/2 years ago, and the answer said essentially: "we'll let you know when it's done".  Will we ever get this core capability - it should be relatively simple to implement and is be a high priority item. Or is has further development of Message+ features simply been totally abandoned?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I really appreciate you bringing this back to our attention, JoeltheK. Inserting a line break through the desktop application has not been added to the application's enhancements at this time, but I have forwarded your feedback to ensure the developers are still looking into this for the future. In the meantime, a possible alternative may be to add more spacing (perhaps tapping the space bar 10-20 times) where you had hoped to add a line break.  Thank you for your patience.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

... In the meantime, a possible alternative may be to add more spacing (perhaps tapping the space bar 10-20 times) where you had hoped to add a line break.

??? Seriously ???

0 Likes
JoeltheK

Yeah, Seriously???  This problem has been around from day one and seems

pretty basic.  Does Verizon Wireless have any developers around to

support the Message app???  Looks like the answer is obvious: NO.  A pity.

0 Likes
JoeltheK

No, JenniferH_VZW, adding 10 or 20 spaces to force a line break is NOT a

solution. May I suggest that Verizon spend .0001% of their revenues to

hire a developer to support their Message app?  It's obvious that you

don't have any.  Sad.

... Joel

0 Likes
TheFrontierzman
Enthusiast - Level 1

[Excuse me while I whip this rant out]

Do you understand how pathetic it is that you have not been able to get your devs to simply put in the capability of a line break into Message+ for PC? Seriously! I drag my cursor over your "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" link, above your response, and it brags about you all being "Double Diamond." Huh?! What does that even mean? I'm glad you all achieved your stretch goal to get the title but as far as I'm concerned it equates to [Removed] Line [Removed] break! Pick up a phone and make it happen. Your very lowest level dev could code that in 10 minutes. Less...he can copy and paste the code.

<<<<<This would be a line break if I wasn't using this line as an example>>>>>

Right now...don't even finish reading this. CALL THEM. Tell them, "We need a line break in +Message for PC. This is the simplest of features and frankly, it is embarrassing that we don't have it in the program. The fact that it is not in the program gives the impression that we gave our customers a poorly made product. Also, the fact that we have not included this feature, even though years have passed since complaints began, makes us look incompetent in about abilities or it makes us look like we have abandoned the product, or it makes us look like we don't care about our customer's needs or all of the above...actually, definitely all of the above. Report back to me on status by end of day. Thank you." Then click send. Don't use any line breaks. In fact, don't let anyone, in your department and development team, use line breaks ever, for any reason, until this feature, that has been included in IM programs since the 90s, has been added.

<<<<<Another line break would be here if not being used as the second example>>>>>

Additionally, I know why you make us create another account to be able to participate in discussions. It's because you know many don't want to create yet another account to keep track of. This limits participation and feedback/complaints. This how you got your[Removed]? Complaints didn't break a certain threshold? Regardless, it's absurd that it requires a separate account.

See there? ^That is a nice clean line break. So simple yet so helpful to your customers when we're trying to communicate information to others...a service we pay for.

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

JOHKIL27

The Ctrl+enter worked just fine until I up dated my phone to a Moto one 5G UW Ace. Now the Ctrl+enter works just as Enter and sends the message. Is there a work around or fix for this?

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes