How do I delete a Group Chat in Message+?
vtimson

It's telling me that I am not the administrator when I am the one that set it up.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I delete a Group Chat in Message+?
yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

vtimson​ ,  let us help you clear your threads. Click on this link for steps on how to delete your Group Conversations Delete Messages - Verizon Messages - Website | Verizon Wireless  . 

Keep us posted if you have any additional questions.

yarelim_vzw

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to hear you're having trouble erasing messages from your phone, vtimson. We can definitely take a look at this group chat together and get it removed. What is the make and model of your phone? What message app is in use? Have you ever been able to erase a group message before?

DanielleR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

vtimson​ ,  let us help you clear your threads. Click on this link for steps on how to delete your Group Conversations Delete Messages - Verizon Messages - Website | Verizon Wireless  . 

Keep us posted if you have any additional questions.

yarelim_vzw

0 Likes
Sarahjohnson8867
Enthusiast - Level 1

Major design flaw when the admin can't delete the entire group with deleting each member individually.   I created a group thinking I was grouping together contacts for my own personal benefit.   I had no idea I was about to send 30 notifications out to people. And everytime I wanted to edit they would all be notified again.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand your concern, Sarahjohns8867. We will be sure to send this feed back through to the proper channels. CecileC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport if my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
kreyn

Hit the avatar on the conversation you want to delete, then hit the trash icon that pops up. It removed the group for me. 

0 Likes
Rvigil

I have a Moto z3. I created a chat group using Verzion Messanger app (the one that came with the phone). I can only delete messages. NOT the whole group - at all. And if I delete a person, it will also delete them from my contact list - which I do not want that to happen. The group has 12 members in it and the type it says it is is Group MMS.

I have searched all over the internet and cannot find an answer.

Members in the group have iPhone and androids.

Help.

0 Likes
KH-cathy29811

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes