How do I delete a group in Message
KU11

Let's clarify the problem.  A group was created with 20 people.  Now the creator of the group wants to delete the group for whatever reason.  Of course they can remove everyone from the group but that doesn't delete the group.  I read on another board that everyone in the group would need to remove everyone from the group on their phone before the group can be deleted.  That doesn't sound practical especially if there are 200 people in the group.  There isn't a delete button so how does a group really get deleted?  I can delete a contact from my address book that has multiple people so why can't I remove a group from messages+?

0 Likes
Re: How do I delete a group in Message
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to manage your conversations is a must, KU11. We certainly want to make sure you can make adjustments as needed with your group messages. Let's take a closer look. What version Message+ do you have on your phone? This can be found in Menu, Settings; the version number is at the bottom. What type of group message is it (MMS group, Enhanced group, or Broadcast)? Are you looking only to delete the group and not the messages within the conversation?

NicoleR_VZW

0 Likes
Re: How do I delete a group in Message
KU11

I am using Message+ Version 7.0.8.

It is an Enhanced group, the kind that can have 250 members.

I am the admin of the group and I want to delete the group so the members can no longer use it.  A new group was created and the old group shouldn't be used any longer.  It doesn't matter if the old messages are deleted or not, either way is fine.

0 Likes