How do I disconnect my old number from the Verizon messages app?
frontogenesis
Enthusiast - Level 2

I downloaded the Verizon message plus application to my Mac desktop using my old cellphone number.  I now have a new number and cannot disconnect my old number from the Verizon messages app.  I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app, but my old cell number remains in there, with no ability to disconnect from the app.  Is there a file living on my Mac somewhere so I can rip out the old number so  I can put in my new one?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: cannot disconnect my old number from the Verizon messages app
frontogenesis
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just discovered the resolution by complete accident.

Turning off the “Desktop Notification” within Preferences and then disconnecting the device seems to work. I am then provided an opportunity to add my new number.

Awesome.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

HELLO frontogenesis,

RE:  Disconnect the old number

On the Mac:

Go to ‘Messages+’

Select Preferences

Select Account

Select ‘Disconnect Device’

Once disconnected, you will start anew with ‘Get Started’ at which time you can:

Enter the new number, then

A PIN will be sent to your mobile, then

Enter PIN in the desktop app to sync.

NOTE: messages sent/received through iMessages will NOT show on the desktop app. They WILL show on the mobile though.  This is due to MAC/PC incompatibilities. This is why we recommend Verizon Messages users turn off iMessages.

If your issue continues, please let me know.

THANKS,

ALIE@VERIZONMESSAGES

frontogenesis
Enthusiast - Level 2

As I described in my original note, this does not work.

I click “Disconnect Device”, and the old number remains in there. I am not provided an opportunity to connect my new cell phone number.

Is there a configuration setting within the file directory structure that allows me to rip out the old number? Doing it through the user interface simply doesn’t work.

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
frontogenesis
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just discovered the resolution by complete accident.

Turning off the “Desktop Notification” within Preferences and then disconnecting the device seems to work. I am then provided an opportunity to add my new number.

Awesome.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi frontogenesis,

Thank you for letting me know! I was just about to ask you to do a live session to troubleshoot. Knowing this also works to disconnect will help other users with the same issue.

Let me know if you need anything else.

-ALIE@VERIZONMESSAGES

0 Likes