How do I download desktop app for PC? The download link is not working.
rdtshaw
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I go to the messaging page and click on the download desktop app link: Verizon Messages: Take Texting to the Next Level | Verizon Wireless

It will jump to a page with info about the Messages app and has a link to download, but those listed are only to txt a link to the respective app stores for use on the phone.  There is no option for the desktop app.  Also, the icon on the right is a Reel-to-Reel for Visual Voicemail and not the Verizon Messenger with the dual captions.  Not sure if something is going wrong.  The description and title is for the Messages app.

verizon.jpg

Thanks!

Rob

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I download desktop app for PC? The download link is not working.
gridmnky
Enthusiast - Level 1

You are correct.  The link is broken.  I was able to download it by going to the web app, and at the top right is another link to download the desktop app or to your phone.  That link will work.

View solution in original post

StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi, rdtshaw

I tried looking for the same thing from my PC and got the same result.  I could not find a PC download for the Messages app.  I did find the Web browser version which works well.  I don't use the Messages app on my Droid Turbo, I simply use the stock Messages app along with the Motorola Connect Extension, which I believe does the same thing...allow for you to respond to texts and such from your PC. 

Maybe they will fix the broken link.

Doc

0 Likes
Re: How do I download desktop app for PC?  The download link is not working.
rdtshaw
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi StreetDocRN,

Thanks for the reply and validation!  I have a Turbo as well and was doing the same thing with Moto Connect, but I was having an issue with messages from iphone users that include text and a pic in the same message.  The phone wants to play it as a slideshow.  Happens enough to make me try something else.  Verizon Message deals with those messages ok and seems to be a pretty decent texting app since the last update. I have a Nexus 10 and an ipad too and the text syncing is really nice.  That said, the VZ desktop app does not show my contacts because I have them in Microsoft exchange and not locally in the phone.  The Moto connect shows them fine.  Always something.  (says the whiney I.T. guy. heh)  I'll give the web app a try.   Thanks again!

Cheers,

Rob

0 Likes
gridmnky
Enthusiast - Level 1

You are correct.  The link is broken.  I was able to download it by going to the web app, and at the top right is another link to download the desktop app or to your phone.  That link will work.

artiztik

Verizon is such a joke

0 Likes
rdtshaw
Enthusiast - Level 2

Completely useless post , thank you.

rdtshaw
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks gridmnky that worked like a charm!

Cheers!

0 Likes
artiztik

I'm sorry you feel that way. Your reply post was very useful however...

0 Likes