Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How do I insert a line break in Message DESKTOP?
merubin75

How do I insert a line break in the Message+ DESKTOP app (Windows)? I've tried using the SHIFT+ENTER keyboard shortcut since that's the typical solution, but it's not working.

At your service,
Michael

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: How do I insert a line break in Message DESKTOP?
Not applicable

HI there,

At this time the PC app does not allow for a line break.  The developers are aware of this request by customers. I will post to the PC User Guide on this forum once the page break it is available.

THANKS,

ALIEM

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How do I insert a line break in Message  DESKTOP?
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

CTRL+Enter?  ALT+Enter? I don't use the desktop app, so I can't say for sure.  Other programs though, use one of the three key combos to get the line break in....

0 Likes
merubin75

Sadly, those don't work either. CTRL-Enter gives you an error beep, while ALT-ENTER and SHIFT-ENTER just send the message.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

OK-then perhaps a three key combo will work (I've had apps where that is the case).

CTRL+ALT+Enter

CTRL+SHIFT+Enter

Yeah, it should be simpler, or documented, or obvious, but if yo can find the key combo that works, all is good.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Or CTRL+SHIFT+Enter

Or ALT+SHIFT+Enter

I know I have one program where I have to use the three key combo, and it always takes me awhile to remember which three keys it is.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I want you to be able to send a message with a break merubin. Where you able to try what SuzyQ suggested?

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Not applicable

HI there,

At this time the PC app does not allow for a line break.  The developers are aware of this request by customers. I will post to the PC User Guide on this forum once the page break it is available.

THANKS,

ALIEM

0 Likes
DavidR2PA

Can't do it.  But you can do it in the verizon web app using shift-enter.

0 Likes
KH-Michael

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes