In message+ how can I mark all my messages as read? TIA

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to mark all messages as read
too_old_for_tech_mayb
Enthusiast - Level 1

Think I JUST figured this out.......by accident.......

Click once on any 'avatar' in your message list (round circle with picture or letter). When you do this, at the top of the list, a menu appears and the word "ALL" will be on the left. Click "ALL" (all avatars change to check marks) and then click on the conversation bubble with the check mark in it at the right side of the menu bar. All messages will be marked as read.

Wish this had been easier to discover. As far as I'm concerned, when you tap the three lines on the left side of the regular menu bar, this should have been an option choice - like it was before. Now that I know it's there, yeah, it's pretty simple. But I searched the internet, found no definitive answer, and stumbled upon it by pure luck. Hope it helps you, too.

View solution in original post

too_old_for_tech_mayb
Enthusiast - Level 1

Think I JUST figured this out.......by accident.......

Click once on any 'avatar' in your message list (round circle with picture or letter). When you do this, at the top of the list, a menu appears and the word "ALL" will be on the left. Click "ALL" (all avatars change to check marks) and then click on the conversation bubble with the check mark in it at the right side of the menu bar. All messages will be marked as read.

Wish this had been easier to discover. As far as I'm concerned, when you tap the three lines on the left side of the regular menu bar, this should have been an option choice - like it was before. Now that I know it's there, yeah, it's pretty simple. But I searched the internet, found no definitive answer, and stumbled upon it by pure luck. Hope it helps you, too.

lynnharland

You are a genius -- I would never have figured this out -- EVER.  Thank you SO much!

0 Likes
EVELYNMAHONEY
Enthusiast - Level 1

Right on!  Thank you for finding and sharing this.  Similarly to another comment, I looked thru every category under the 3-bars  menu at top left, and every sub-menu as well.  Until now, I was totally unaware that tapping the circled letter or avatar to the left of a text conversation would open a menu that I'd never seen before.

Status bar pull-down notifications -sometimes I see "new txt msg from . . . " with an option to reply or mark as read but most of the time I'd already tapped 'clear' and it was too late ; everything was gone and no second chances.  A HUGE HELP!  Thank u SO MUCH!  

0 Likes
Lamarrotems
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you so much for this answer - it still works as of April 10th, 2021 but it's a little different now. 

Just to be clear as of 2021 you do the following:

Long press (like 2-3 seconds) any contact icon. (The contact icons are circles on the left of your messages main screen containing either the contacts picture, letter(s) of their initials, or # sign for unnamed contacts)

Hit "Select All"

Hit the checkmark icon at the top of the screen to mark all as read. (This is the middle icon in between the download "down arrow" icon and the silence "bell" icon.)

Then all messages will be marked as read. 

0 Likes
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes